cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am quite confuse about the network and project settlement.

I am incurring cost at Network Activity and I want to roll up that cost to its WBS element.

So do i need to maintain settlement rule for this activity or not like whatever cost is coming to this activity will directly move to its corresponding WBS element ?

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you only want up to role the cost to WBS element than use account assigned activity & in the activity assignment tab give the WBS element for which you want to roel up the cost. & in this case you can direclty settle the WBS Element.

As account assinged activity is cost object you have to maintain settlement rule. Now it depends upon where to settle superior WBS elemetns or some where else it 's depend upon scenario.

Define a strategy to determine the settlement rule in the network & maintain defauld rule in activity.

If you do not define a key for the determining the settlement rule, the system first attempts to generate a settlement rule by the default rule. If this is not possible, you must maintain the settlement rule manually in the network.

Please go throgh this link. For the porject settlemeent recommendation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/86/98853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

-

How the selttlement affects hierarchy structure for commercial reports is as below.

1.In settlement to the object directly superior in the hierarchy, the settlement is eliminated as internal business volume.

2.If you settle to an object several levels higher in the hierarchy, the values do not appear in the intervening levels. For this reason, we recommend that you do not use this form of settlement.

3.If you settle to an object lower down in the hierarchy, the values appear in the sender twice. Do not use this form of settlement.

4.If you settle to a receiver not assigned to the sender in the hierarchy, the values are not totaled up by the sender, only by the receiver. The values do not appear in the WBS superior to the sender.

5.If an account assignment superior to the sender is not selected, no elimination of internal business volume occurs and in the selected object, the updated actual costs including the settlement are displayed directly.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to maintain settlement rule for the activity with receiver as WBS. You can set the default rule to activities. It is maintained in OPUV.

Regards