cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central auto-reactions for individual MTEs, not entire MTE classes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am trying to set up central autoreactions on a Sol Man system (CEN) to monitor certain MTEs on a satellite system (soon to be many more satellite systems and other MTEs). I know that auto-reactions can be assigned to a satellite system and specific MTE class in RZ21 on CEN, but I don't want auto-reactions for every MTE in a specific class. For example, I want to monitor the percentage full for a specific file system, which has the class "FilesystemPercentageUsed", but there are many other MTEs in the parent "file systems" branch which also have the same class. I only want a central auto-reaction for the one--not all of the MTEs in that class.

Has anyone else achieved this? If so, I'd love to hear your recommendations. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthew,

central autoreaction is only possible for MTE classes.

> For example, I want to monitor the percentage full for a specific file system, which has the class "FilesystemPercentageUsed", but there are many other MTEs in the parent "file systems" branch which also have the same class. I only want a central auto-reaction for the one--not all of the MTEs in that class.

In this case: change the MTE class. As you use already agents (otherwise central autoreaction would not be possible) you can configure the agent to use MTE classes different to the default ones.

The Online documentation for the agents describes this: [Monitoring Operating System Data with CCMS Agents|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/2b/6dcd06dc6b084a840f209e027e39b1/frameset.htm].

Regards, Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you go to RZ20 und mark your file system and click "properties" in the button bar. Goto the tab "Methods" and choose the button "Method assignment". Goto the tab "Auto-reaction". Go into change mode and in the lower box called "Method allocation" Change the setting from "Use MTE class mehtod assignment" to "Method name" and enter your method name.

Is that what you're looking for?

Regards,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

Actually, I did tried to input the method name in that way but I am unable to select the central auto-reaction (the "Z" auto-reaction method that I created on CEN) for this field. I'm guessing this is because the field only allows methods defined on the satellite system because I'm technically within the satellite system when I'm editing the properties of this MTE. I only see methods defined in the satellite system when I look at the possible entries for the field. I even tried typing the method name in manually, but the error message it gives me is: "Caution: No definition exists for method <the 'Z' method on CEN name>".

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I guess saying to have the definition via transport into the corresponding system is a no brainer So the question is how to centrally maintain the auto-reaction methods? correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, correct. A single, central auto-reaction method that is defined in CEN and assigned to MTEs from the satellite systems. The ultimate goal is to enable the sending of emails from CEN when CCMS alerts occur.

It would seem that one way to solve this would maybe be to create a custom class just for the MTEs that I want the alerts for. But in my reading, I have not seen this as an option.