cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use FlashIsland.EVENT_BEGIN_UPDATE and FlashIsland.EVENT_END_UPDATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am traying to get value from SAP into Flex component, i am trying to find out where exactly its filling up the array in Flex component and i am unable to figure it out. i am getting values into flex component i can see them but when i am debugging the same i am not able to find where its putting values into array in flex builder debuggin mode.

if anybody can explain me how to use FlashIsland.EVENT_BEGIN_UPDATE and FlashIsland.EVENT_END_UPDATE . i dont know if there is any documentation on the event available for FlashIsland class.

public function Search(): void{

var Objid:String = OBJID.text as String;

FlashIsland.fireEvent(this, "Search",{OBJECT_ID:Objid});

}

will appreciate any reply.

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I have seen that there is some bug in the early versions of the FlashIsland library where the EVENT_*_UPDATE events don't work. I saw an internal note the other day that this was fixed in newer (and shipping) versions of the library.

The code for the registration of the event should be:

FlashIsland.addEventListener(FlashIsland.EVENT_END_UPDATE, handleEndUpdate);

However I find that the better approach is to use public GET/SET functions as the bindings to the Web Dynpro Context. This way you get Flex code that fires automatically whenever the Web Dynpro Context data changes. This would be the prefered way of passing "events" from WD to the Flex code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

where can i download latest version of library.

Mani

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Updated versions of the FlashIslands library get delivered via support packages to the application server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i know if its released before 22.08.2008 or after this date, Well i am working on SAP server but afraid its up-to-date. 22.08.2008 05:59:03 this is the last changed date n time of librarry file in MIME repository. Let me know if i am on right system.

Man

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I really can't say. What SP level are you on? Are you a Ramp-Up customer? The Islands functionality (and all of 7.01) isn't released G/A yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well it worked with set and get functions.

thanks a lot.

Mani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member496758
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are also using these two events to update our flash side data. Just one general question, is there any detailed document about how the island library works and how the WD framework inteacts and communicates with flash components via the island library? I'll really appreciate it if someone can help me find one.

Thanks,

Bin

marcus_schiffer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

got similar issues with the events.

i want to update my flash only when the data in a table (from webdynpro) is changed. Instead the flash island refreshes every time the webdynpro is changed (e.g. when table is scrolled).

how can I achieve this ?

i tried with all the events, but they seem to fire always, no matter whether data have changed or not.

Any help is appreciated.

btw: What is meant by "use the public set/get methods"

Thanks

Marcus

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It is normal for the FlashIsland to "refresh" on every server side event that occurs in Web Dynpro. If you only want to perform some particular action if the data changes, then you will need to store a local copy of the data and compair the before and after values.