cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when displaying Active Sessions - 500 Internal server error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

recently I am getting errors when I want to look up the logged on users in our MII 12.0.2 system. The error displayed is

500 - Internal server error

Application error occurred during request processing

Details: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException: null

Exception id: [0002556FD9C4003400000076000EA16A00045CFF57783831]

Netweaver Log only displays the same error.

Has anyone experienced this kind of error before? All other MII portal items work as usual, it is only "Active sessions" that brings up this error, I would say, 80% of the time I call it.

This error occurs after a GoLive with more users and more traffic on the machine. Could it be some kind of memory problem? Reboot of the system does not help.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps the jsp page is not handling something properly - a special character in name or email perhaps?

Have you tried something like:

"/XMII/Illuminator?Service=Admin&Mode=SessionList"

or

"/XMII/Illuminator?Service=Admin&Mode=SessionList&Content-Type=text/xml"

These URL's should produce the desired dataset results - hopefully without the internal server error.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a bug/timing issue in MII. Essentially, what is happening (most likely) is that when MII begins to return a list of the active sessions, the list of sessions itself is modified. What needs to happen is that the list needs to be "cloned" or some type of concurrency/locking added to the code that accesses/modified the list.

Bottom line is that it occurs when you attempt to enumerate/iterate through a list of "things" in Java, and at the same time, something else modifies that list...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

thanks for the link. It works most of the time, though today I got the same error...but it is definitly better!

Michael