cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery group 001 is not complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I created an order with multiple items having different shipping points and transportation groups.

When I am creating delivery, I am able to do split the delivery and process it manually because of different shipping points and transportation groups.

I created another order with the same items, If I am trying to run delivery in background with TCode VL10G or VL10BATCH, it is not allowing me to do so and it is showing an error:

"Delivery group 001 is not complete

Message no. VL089

Diagnosis

Delivery group 001 copied from the sales order on which the delivery is

based, is not complete. Not all items of the delivery group exist in

this delivery."

Can anyone provide some info on how to run deliveries background with help of a batch?

Points will be awarded. Please guide me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone. This issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPNet note 72481 seems to have the solution.

Incomplete delivery groups are not passed to batch processing, but can be created manually is dialog with a warning message issued.

The note gives a solution but it is a MODIFICATION. Alternatively, try not to use delivery groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nigel,

What do you mean by "try alternatively not using delivery group?"

What is a delivery group? where can i find it? please provide me info on this.

Thanks in advance,

Vamsi.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vamsi,

Delivery group

The manual or automatic grouping of one or more items (main items and/or sub-items) in a sales order so that they can be delivered on the same date.

An item that is confirmed for several delivery dates can be confirmed for a single delivery date if it is assigned to a delivery group. This is the latest delivery date of all the confirmation schedule lines of this item.

All items that are assigned to the same delivery group are confirmed for a single delivery date. This is the latest delivery date of all these items.

If the sales order is marked in the header for complete delivery, then all items will be assigned to the same delivery group.

The delivery group settings you can find in the itemcategory detail screen

Go to VOV7 transaction then select itemcategory go in to the detail screen here you can find the field Create Delivery Group with options

X -Form delivery group with one delivery date

A -Delivery group with correlated schedule lines under Bill Of Material/Configuration tab

Delivey group will be used to deliver all the items of BOM at once through this setting you can control the partial deliveries for the BOM items.

Delivery Group Correlation in BoMs

Use

If you want to combine a number of items in a sales document so that they are delivered together, you can create a delivery group.

If an item has more than one schedule line with confirmed quantities (for example, after an availability check) the system copies the date of the latest schedule line for this item and displays it on the delivery group overview screen.

When forming delivery groups, the system deletes the earlier schedule lines and copies their confirmed quantities into the latest schedule line.

If a complete delivery has not been requested, as soon as all the items for the bill of material are available, the system generates a correlated schedule line. This allows you to make a partial delivery on the first date on which all the items in the bill of material become available.

In other words, the first day on which all items in the bill of material are available, the system issues a confirmed quantity.

For example if you take Computer as header item and monitor ,key board,CPU,mouse are the sub items.

When you create sales order for the header material Computer system will check the availability for the sub items based on the availability system will conform the items.

In this situation only monitor ,CPU are available so system conformed the delivery, you can do the delivery but mouse and key boards are not available at present ,system conformed with later date so you need to deliver these later.But customer want all at single delivery in this scenerio you can use delivery group to avoid partial deliveries.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for the info. It was awesome.

I have one quick question. When deliveries are created in background by batch job, does delivery split depend on transportation group of material?

I have another serious issue which is to be solved.

<removed_by_moderator>

Issue is about delivery group is not complete and hence delivery is not created.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Dec 5, 2008 11:42 AM

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vamsi,

You can post the information here itself if you don't mind because if you send to me ,only I will be able to see but if you post here other experts also can able to see and you can get quick response.

When deliveries are created in background by batch job, does delivery split depend on transportation group of material?

As per my knowledge No I don't think so.

Issue is about delivery group is not complete and hence delivery is not created.

Is this sales order for BOM material.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You are absolutely correct. It is about sales BOM.

As this turned into another problem, I started new thread, but I will post the content here as well, coz this is my show stopper. Please help me.

I have sales BOMs.

BOM 1- Header -ABC, with components 1212, & 2323.

BOM 2 - Header DEF, with components 4545, 5656

Transportation group (from Material Master)

Z01 - Restricted

Z02 - Unrestricted

Loading Group (from Material Master)

Z01 - Restricted

Z02 - Unrestricted

I have few BOMs where the transportation group of header item and components BOTH do not differ and ALSO differ to one another.

eg:

ABC Z02 DEF Z01

1212 Z01 4545 Z01

2323 Z02 5656 Z01

Ship.cond ; Trans.Grp ; Route

A1 Z01 OVNT

A1 Z02 4DAY

Ship.Cond ; Loading Grp Plant Ship.Point

A1 Z01 1000 ZS1

A1 Z02 1000 ZNS1

I created an order with a Sales BOM that has both restricted and unrestricted transportation group components.

But for the whole BOM (including components), it is pulling up the data of Header item (route & shipping point) and it is not bringing in appropriate info (route & shipping point) of components.

EG: IDEALLY IT SHOULD BE LIKE THIS:

ROUTE SHIP.POINT

10 ABC 4DAY ZNS1

11 1212 OVNT ZS1

12 2323 4DAY ZNS1

BUT IT IS SHOWING UP IN ORDER LIKE BELOW:

ROUTE SHIP.POINT

10 ABC 4DAY ZNS1

11 1212 4DAY ZNS1

12 2323 4DAY ZNS1

Hope I am clear. I want to see the route and shipping point of components as they are determined from route determination and shipping point determination, unlike what I see now.

2) Where I can find the configuration of Delivery group and other than in Item Category? Can you please suggest me the path? I would like to see separate delivery groups if the route and shipping points differ to the items in order for the appropriate delivery split.

Please guide me how to fix this.

Edited by: Vamsi Sai Srinivas on Dec 8, 2008 5:21 AM