cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while exporting universe: aux.lov already exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a universe on top of an info cube. I can generate the universe and save it. But when I want to export it to BO server I'll get the following error:

Original error:

"Fehler beim File Repository Server: Ablegen der Datei auf dem Dateiserver fehlgeschlagen: frs://input/a_241/209/000/53745/aux.lov ist bereits vorhanden"

In english:

Error in File Repository Server: Export of universe at the file server failed. frs://input/a_241/209/000/52745/aux.lov already exists".

I don't understand what this error means. Is there a list of values in my universe which already exists???

Is there a solution solving this error?

I would be very glad if someone can give my a hint.

Thanks,

Claudia

Edited by: Claudia Liebl on Dec 1, 2008 3:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to go to the Filestore path in the error message and delete the .lov file, and export the universe once again.

-Shreyash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this but the problem is that there is no aux.lov file in this folder. There is no aux.lov file in the whole input filesystem!

Only five "*.lov" files in another folder but these are part of another report.

That's very curious.

Thanks

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claudia,

I have had the same error message and I avoided this by disabling the LOV for the object in Universe designer (Object properties).

In SAP based universes, by default every object has a LOV. The names of these LOV are alphabetical. You'll have to find the objects with the LOV starting with au*.lov and then go to the object which has the specific lov you mentioned and disable it.

It is weird that this error happens, though there are 20,000 other objects with LOV's enabled. This to me looks like a bug in SAP based universes.

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kashif,

thank you for your hint. I've tried this, but I did not find this list of values. My universe has 58408 objects in 411 classes. I don't think the way to success is to search in this heap of objects.That's crazy!

I also think thats a bug caused in SAP based universes.

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my installation:

BOE XI 3.1

SAP Integration Kit 3.1

SAP BW 7.01

I had the same problem by exporting a SAP BW based universe.

Is there an idea to solve this problem at this time?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved this problem by rebooting the system (windows 2003).

It seems this problem was caused by the file system of the operating system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try the following test ?

save the universe with different name with "Save as".

Now in the parameters of the newly created universe change the name of the universe to the newly created universe.

Now try to export this Newly created universe and check for the issue once again.

Plz retain a copy of the orginal universe.

Regards

Kultar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've test that, but the error already occurs.