cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

am creating the sales order with reference of quotation ( created 01.10.2008) and copying the all pricing componetns and tax also copying which is old tax 15%

i want to get latest tax which 8% on sales order ( latest after changing the tax) with out update manually anything in Sales order.

is htere any option in copy control to update this fuctionality.

note : already i maintained new records as per latest tax is 8% in vk11.

please send u r views asap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

Assuming that in copy control VTFL for the item category, you would be maintaining "G" for the field "Pricing Type", just go to VA02, input the sale order and execute. From there go to condition tab and click on "Update" button and again double click on "G". See whether the new tax rate flows into your sale order.

Please note that this will work only if no subsequent document is generated for that line item in the sale order. If you have generated any subsequent document like delivery or billing, then in sale order you cannot update the tax rate but you can do so in billing.

In fact, if you want to generate multiple invoices in one stroke with new tax rate, go to VF04, give the required datas in "Selection" tab and click on "Default Data". There maintain the date required from which the new tax rate has become effective, in the field "Date of services rendered" and execute. Your tax part will be taken care of.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

T. Code: VTAA (Copy Control settings b/w Sales Doc. to Sales Doc.)

Select your combination, say

Target Doc. Type: OR

Source Doc. Type: QT

and double-click on to "Item" from Dialog Structure (left-hand side).

On to next screen, select Item Category as "AGN" and double-click on it.

Here, maintain field entry as "G - Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes" in to Field: Pricing type

(To me, its hardly matter, whether its "A - Copy price components and redetermine scales" or "G - Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes")

Now, as you have already maintained your Condition Type in to VK11/12 (as 8%) and I hope, you have maintained it with validity period (i.e. From period and To Period).

Also, you must have de-activated ealier defined condition type (as 15%); in order to avoid any clash.

Now, go to

T. Code: VA02

Key-in your Sales Order No. and go to Tab: Condition.

Here, at bottom, you will find Tab: Update.

Click for options.

Here, its important to select "G - Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes". Now, check whether taxes are re-determined at Item-level or not.

I hope, it must have.

Best Regards,

Amit

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain pricing type G (G: Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes) in VTAA , and as all those quotations are still not copied to sales order so run the report V.04 which is list of incomplete quotations . so once you go to V.04 change the pricing by carrying out the pricing type G of all the quotations to 15% to 8%. .Now when you copy those quotations the tax amount will change to 8%.

Note : please send u r views asap,

But this is a place to give approximate correct answer or the exact best answer but not to send views ASAP

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

Go to VTAA, select QT to OR & click on Item.

Select your item category & go to details.

In pricing type field, enter G instead of A.

Pls check & update.

Rgds,

Senni.B

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the copy control(VTAA), use the Pricing Type G - Copy Pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes. It then copies the pricing elements except taxes and it takes current valid records for the taxes.

Thanks,

Ravi