cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of forwarding agent in shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a shipment which has status as 5 - shipment completion. we have created shipment documents and deleted but system set shipment cost status as C - completely process

Goods issue happened for delivery attached with shipment.we wants to change forwarding agent in shipment but when we are going to change mode of shipment Planning Tab coming as gradeout (not active)

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Samier,

If the shipment document having the shipment cost document first you need to delete shipment cost document after removing the Transfer check mark.

You need to do the reverse PGI for the delivery through VL09 transaction

Now you go to VT02N then change the forwarding agent.

Still you are not able to change the forwarding agent means system might copied forwarding agent from the delivery document based on the routine maintained in the shipment document type.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since Shipments costs calculation status in Shipment document was "C" even the related Shipment cost was deleted. I created a new Shipment cost document again against the same shipment and again reversed the process whihc reset the Status to 'A' this time in Shipment Cost Document and "Planning" tab was ungreyed. Thans for all your inputs.

Regards

Samier Danish

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Planning tab got greyed out becos shipcost document has been created that is why shpcststatus is 'C'.

Inorder to change the forwading agent you need to delete the shipcost document and unassign the shipment statuses then key-in the required forwading agent and then set the statuses.

-Hope this Helps...

-Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

I appreciate your reply in this regard. Shipment costs are deleted from transaction VT11. Now I've few concerns:

1. Whether or not VT11 deletes/reverses the process like cancellation, account assignment deletion etc. and resets the status in Shipment Document in Shipment costs calculation tab as 'A'.

2. GI reversal is mandatory?

3. If point 1 is correct, then in Shipment documents, the status is still shown as C in all fields related to Shipment Cost Statuses.

OR you mean to say that we need not uncheck the Planning, Shipmet Start, Shipment end etc. button before chnaging the Fwding agent?

Where I'm getting stuck is that "Planning" button in "Further dates" tab in greyed out and we are not able to reset it.

What I'm doubting is that since the Shipment Costs statuses in Shipment Document is C even of Shipment cost is deleted which is preventing "Planning" button to be functional.

Awaiting your valuable inputs.

Regards

Samier Danish

Edited by: Samier Danish on Dec 3, 2008 12:51 PM