cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined Batch Sort rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wish to Sort the Batches displayed Batch determination screen (Delivery) by GR date. i,e (MCHA-LWEDT).

I created a Strategy for the Customer/Plant/material VCH1, Created a a Sort rule and assigned a Characteristic (CL04) to it with MCH1 LWEDT mentioend in the additional data and assigned the sort rule to the Stategy.

But the Baches are not still getting sorted acc. to the Sort rule.

What cud be the reason. Maybe since this new characteristic is not assigned to this Material Class??

Mid.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you mention in transaction code CU72, for the characteristic whether it should be ascending or descending?

May I know what is the name of the characteristic that you have mentioned in CU72?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have mentioend in Cu72 that it needs to be ascending.

I created a characteristics thro CT04 and named it LWEDT. This is what i gave in CU72 - LWEDT.

Is this ok if i create my won Characteristics or should i only select the standatd Characteristics or the Characteristics maintained for the MAterial?

Regads,

Mid.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned, this characteristics needs to be included in the material class level also.

It is obsolutely OK to include your own characteristics in the list.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, So you mean that we cannot just like that assign/create a Characteristic to a Sort rule such that it can sort data from any field in MCHA.(for ex: as this LWEDT field is already avalaible in MCHA table? )

But we need to make sure that this new characteristic even if it's from a standard table should also be present in the Classification for Material or in the Classification for BATCH??

Regards,

Mid.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, that is correct.

Include the characteristic in Class using transaction code CL02.

Regards,

Answers (0)