cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All the dialog workprocess busy by WF-BATCH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

on my R/3 47 Ent I'm experimenting the following problem related to the workflow:

when it starts all the Dialog workprocess of the instance are occupied for quite long time by user WF-BATCH.

All the other end users cannot logon to the system while the sessions in progress are heavily affected.

It's not clear at the moment if it occurs with all the implementad workflows or just with some of them.

We just see that more times day the system goes in a situation like a freeze, and we see with dpmon all the dialog workprocess busy with processess with user WF-BATCH, used by the workflow.

I'm trying to find out if it depends from the system configuration of the system or insted just by the workflow customization.

Any suggestion ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact i did face the same issue once with workflow. All the dialog work process were used by the WF-Batch user. this is because all the workflow events are triggered by a background job. Usually a workflow event take only 2 or 3 seconds to get executed. But in certain cases, when the workflow has got some problem, some vent get stuck and thereby it ends up using all dialog workprocess.

Our issue was resolved when i reported this to the workflow consultant and he debugged and found out which event was creating the problem. Once it was corrected, the issue never came. I guess its a common problem when there is a problem with workflow. May be you can ask the workflow consultant to check if there is any issue with any event. Meanwhile, you can increase some workprocess if you have enough memory in your server.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I had faced same issue, the solution was I had created a secondary index on the respective table which was getting process. Get help from SAP OSS for Indexing related issues..

hope this may help you to lead towards solution.

-gokul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Also when you experience the same again, please check for any active background job that is running some parallel processing for some month -end like activities.