cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a timeout be ignored? overridden?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a simple question (simple to ask anyway).

Is it possible to ignore/override the timeout associated to a Web Dynpro application?

I have tried setting the sap.expirationTime to 3600 (an hour). This does not help me much as I have no way of knowing beforehand how long a timeout is needed.

If it is not possible to circumvent this timeout, what then? Can I get around it by creating a Portal Application instead? Or does this follow the same rules as a Web Dynpro application?

The reason for me asking this is, that I am creating an application in which the user starts by performing a query of some kind and getting some results back. This application is exposed to the user in iView A. The user can then perform an action on one of these results. The action updates another component of the Web Dynpro application (or another Web Dynpro application in another iView on the same page - iView B). The user can then examine the result of the action and after some time, if the user wants to perform an action on another result in the result list from iView A, the user is met with an error page stating that the application has timed out.

So, am I forced to set a high timeout (and how high can I go?), or can I get around it in some other way?

Thanks in advance,

/Rune

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... May have figured it out after some more digging in the forums. Won't know for sure yet though...

If interested, look at /thread/41330 [original link is broken]

Message was edited by: Rune Jeppesen