cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during the repository creating process by ABAP API.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am beginer in ABAP API and have a problem during the repository creating process.

All another functions are working properly.

Report Z_HOW_TO_2

(FUNCTION 'MDM_ADMIN_CREATE_REPOSITORY')

result...

Successfully got configuration MDP_CONECTION

Server return code 0x84020003: DCNI_MSG_ErrInitDB

All the advices will be considered.

Thanks in advance.

PS. DB initialize parameters was customized successfully by MDM Console.

Vitali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitali,

As a beginner in using MDM ABAP API's you can follow the steps as mentioned in the below links.

This will guide you in you using the MDM ABAP API:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e03247a3-2f2a-2b10-4987-a2d8b2ce...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/tip%2b%2bMDM%2bABAP-API%2b%2bThings%2bto%2bRemember%2b(for%2bStarters)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3478

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/00c49ffb-e5e5-2910-73ba-c85af1da5b...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simona,

I have read all the links you sent before. All customizing steps was executed successfully with MDMAPIC transactions therefore all function are working without problems. I would like to know if there are some tricks in customising that connected with db access from ABAP API. I know that the user on the ABAP side must be the same as in MDM. What a user in MDM? User for DB init parameters or repository's user?

Thanks for your information.

Vitali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitali,

The ABAP user must be created in MDM with the same Username and password in console with the Admin rights.

So if you have a user login in ABAP with username ABC and password DEF then you will have to create a user in MDM console as ABC and pwd DEF.

The pwd actually does not need to be same as we are establishing a trusted connection.But it is alwasy better to keep the username as well as the pwd same in both the systems.

The MDM users must have the Admin Controls as that is the ultimate rights a user can have in MDM,this should allow you to create the repository and perform all the administrative functions from ABAP.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Where in MDM console i can create the user? Could you please write me step by step how can i reach this function by console's menu. If you mean the user in DBMS settings i tryed it already.

Many thanks for your help.

Vitali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitali,

The user needs to be created in MDM console.

- In console select your Repository.

- go down to the Admin table

- There you find a table named User

- Under this table you can create Users in MDM by Right clicking in the users table pane.

- You can create a User with the same name and pwd as The ABAP user.

- Then while assigning the Role to this user.Assign the Admin role form the dropdown.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simona,

How can i select repository if i can't create it?

Vitali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitali,

To Allow access to the MDM server from the ABAP server you need to establish a trusted connection beteen the two two.This is done by:

- Mentioning the ABAP server IP details in the Allow.ip file and placing it in the MDM server.This will allow the ABAP server to access the MDM server.

- To perform the MDM functionalities from ABAP you need to provide your ABAP user the MDM access Rights.This is done by creating the ABAP user in MDM with the MDM Admin rights.

I am not sure how can you go about the rep creation without these two intial steps in place.

If you are doing this as part of a learning process , you can try creating The user as required in MDM console for an already existing rep in MDM and test with acess to other functionalities from abap to mdm.

Then using this created user try creating a new repoistory in MDM through Console.

For knowing how to create a user in MDm console you can refer the below blog:

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

I had already allow.ip file with two IP adresses: ABAP application server; MDM server.

For example two rows only:

Is it correctly?

All the other functionalities with already existed rep's are working properly.

I know how to create the user in repository but i don't know how to do it during creating process that called from ABAP. After this function 'MDM_ADMIN_CREATE_REPOSITORY' in the source code have a BREAK POINT and in this moment (when the programm stoped) i can to reach this new repository (is being created) by MDM Console and create new user in it. Is it correctly?

But the error is appeared early then i reach BREAK POINT.

Many Thanks for your help.

Vitali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitali,

In the Allow.ip file that you place in the MDM server path.You have to mention only the IP of the ABAP server that wishes to acces the MDM server.

You dont need to mention the MDM server IP in the Allow.ip file.

So just one line needs to be there in the allow .Ip file and that is the Abap server Ip which will be placed in the MDM server path.

make the required changes to the IP file and check again if there is any improvement.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simona,

I have left only one IP for ABAP server in allow.ip file as you said. But situation is not changed.

Vitali.