cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms in Webdynpro - but no license for adobe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

We want to embed the smartform in our web dynpro applications. I read some posts here that we can do that by doing some conversions, and emdedding it into the adobe UI element.

I just want to know that we do not have license for Adobe interactive. So for doing this type of thing also, do we need a license? We are not using any interactive feature. So do we still need a license for it?

Another thing: How can we print our smartform if the user does not have SAPGUI installed?

Thanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swetha,

You must need licence to adobe live cycle designer to run interactive forms.Actualy we will not show directly any smartform output to enduser.We will call the smartform inside the Web Dynpro application and we will convert it to PDF to show the output.

Check this Article for your reference

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0de1eb8-0b98-2910-7996-8a3c2fcf...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suman. I have this document already.

So that means even if i go by the method described in this document, I need license?

If we don't have license to Adove life cycle designer, what other option do we have for printing?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I know, you have to have a license for each Adobe interactive form you create only in your productive system, but you can have a lot of static Adobe forms with no license.

The thing is interactive Adobe forms in some way can replace SAP GUI (and also SAP license as well) for some processes. So, people san fill this forms in offline and then post them into the system. And it makes you pay some price.

But how to pay and so on questions you have to ask only your SAP license provider.