cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on a project for Engineering Construction company, which is handling projects in 3 different countries and HO is common in hyderabad. now when it comes to the Enterprise Structure we are planning to take the HO as Sales Organization and each project as a Distribution Channel.

but the FI person is telling that they are creating 3 differenct company codes. So can we make the HO at hyderabad as common for the 3 different companies as Sales Organization and projects as Distribution Channel or shall we take each Distribution Channel as one country so that there will be 3 different Distribution Channels.

Any other combinations please advise me.

Thanks

RamaKrishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rama,

There is no ideal enterprise straucture.

It totally depends upon what you customer want as per his requirement & business process.

So by considering all above views from experts you can consult & finalise the same.

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rama,

As per me, You must define just 1 Company-Code, i.e. HO

and Create 3 - Sales Organizations, with Common Dist. Channel & Division.

As, your execution is for 3-different Countries and its not the business from 3-countries. Business belongs to your Company, which is situated at Hyderabad.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sales organization is the means for selling the products. distribution channel is the means of reaching the customers. So its better to take 3 sales organization assign it to 3 diff co codes, as there will be seperate B/S, P/L account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Krishna,

As you are saying that projects are in 3 different countries, I think..you should go with 3 different sales organizations with 1 dist channel. This may increase your master data..but for MIS wise and other transactional clarity...this should work fine.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

First of all , you can not keep one sales organisations for 3 company codes.

Hence , I would suggesst that you can keep different sales organisation for all company codes . This will help you in future for report and differentiating business related quries and master maintenance .. etc.

Distribution channel , instead doing country wise , do it business scenario wise , like export , stock transfer .. etc.

Division : Based on the product / product group that you sell .

hope , this tips helps .

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should have 1 sales organisation as HO and 3 distribution channel[located at 3 different countries].Having many sales organisation increases master data's also.My view is that Company codes are a group company which can have different business ,which are used to represent business done at that group company(e.g for generating reports about profit and loss) which could be spread accross geography.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Creating Cmmpany codes is FI job

As S.D consultants we dont have any control or say on that in real time implementations

You cant take your Hyderabad as a sales org and assign it to all company codes

A sales organization is uniquely assigned to a company code

Ideal is 3 company codes as FI suggested as it is going to be in different countries, 3 sales orgs as three projects and 1 distribution channel and 1 division

For 3 company codes you cant have single sales org

Regards

raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Dec 1, 2008 10:31 PM