cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I Enhancement Package Installation for BI on NW(2004s)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Guys,

We just finished a new installation of NW(2004s) with aim to use new BI features, especially, the BI Integrated Planning-Planning Modeler and Visual Composer.

During central system installation, we have choson to use EP/EP CORE usage type.

With to check some reference, I doubt the current status of system is missing something to use BI Planning Modeler and Visual Composer.

I wonder if I should apply any enhancement package of NW(2004s) and just in case, where can I check the current stack level in system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brad,

I think you have installed BI Java only. Hope you have selected ABAP Instance, JAVA Instance, BI Java, EP Core and EP. Now you should also install the BI Content. You can install this using SAINT and update the patches. The note [916834|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1ubCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=916834] gives more info.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haved chosen AS ABAP, EP, EPC, as well as AS JAVA, so don't worry it about.

My concern is whether I must need a enhancement package installaton in order to use new BI planning modeler and visual composer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brad,

Confirm whether have you installed BI Content in the ABAP stack. With BI content installed you can avail these functionalities.

Regards,

Anand

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you "need" them, but as far as I read there seems to be a lot of new funtionalities on them... now, I'm not expert... I just install the packages on demand

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you should import the BI Content to get those functionality.

Note 916834 - BI_CONT 7.03 Installation and upgrade information

Note 983156 - BI configuration w. Template Installer

You can refer this note for its installation...

Cheers,

Jazz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses from you guys.

I have make clean on this point. Enhancement package comprises various support packages related to those components you installed.

If listening to sap suggestion, it's best to install all the support package(either ABAP or JAVA).

I just finished the new installation with sp 9 and started to configure BI-JAVA functionalities.

Current situation is fine. I can carry on all the steps stated in Note or guide document.

So, just leave it alone and see how it's going.

Thanks again.