cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot deploy an Enterprise Application that contains EJB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing a problem with the deployment of the EAR of an Enterprise Application that contains an EJB. The deployment returns a warning, the message is:

"There is no component either in SDM repository or in Deployment batch that resolves the dependency".

The EJB uses a DC of KM libraries that I have developed and has build, deploy and run dependencies.

The EJB has two public parts, the ejbjar with assembly purpose and client with compilation purpose that contains as entities all the classes that I have created.

On the other hand, my Enterprise Application has as Used DCs the ejbjar (assembly public part) of the EJB I have created before with build and deploy dependency and the km library with deploy time dependency.

I guess the problem is that the EAR needs that the EJB is deployed beforehand, but I have thought that one of the purposes of the EAR is the deployment of the EJB.

I'm newby working with development components and I'm sure I'm missing somethig. I have already searched in the SDN but none of the solutions worked.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The EJB DC does not have a deployable result (that's why you need an EAR DC to deploy it). Therefore, you cannot define a deploy time dependency to it. Update the Used DC definition in the EAR DC, unchecking the Deploy time dependency.

A deploy-time dependency means that your component will only deploy if the used component has already been deployed.

Edited by: Pascal Willemsen on Dec 2, 2008 9:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you deploy the KM Libraries custom DC that you developed before deploying the EAR? You need to deploy all the dependent DC's before you deploy the actual DC.

Hope that helps!