cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode Printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can we print a barcode on normal laser printers?

Thanks in advance

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please goto SE73 there u can resize or define your barcode. After activating the same you can use that barcode in your sap script/smartform.

Hope this work for you.

regards,

prashanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can - provided barcode need to be developed in NEW TECHNOLOGY.

you have to define barcode in new symbology using SE73, define smartstyle and use it in smartform.

Following will be helpful

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/new%2bbarcode%2bprinting%2bin%2bsap%2busi...

Regards,

Mohaiyuddin

Edited by: Mohaiyuddin Soniwala on Dec 1, 2008 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to have barcode printer available for barcode printing. And If you have normal printer, then you need to atleast have the drivers which support barcode printing.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think with barcode in New Technology, it is not required to have specific middleware or driver to print barcode. That is one of the advantage of New Technology.

Barcode are send as image to the printer, hence normal laser printer can be deployed to print barcodes.

Regards,

Mohaiyuddin

Edited by: Mohaiyuddin Soniwala on Dec 1, 2008 2:50 PM

Sorry, I misstated word New Technology as New Symbology

Former Member
0 Kudos

And does this "New Technology" is available in 4.7 also?? Or only from ECC 6.0???

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

can u please let me know what is NEW SYMBOLOGY?

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is available in 4.7 also. Rather it was introduced from 4.7.

if you goto se73 and define new system barcode, it will ask whether to create it in Old or new Technology. You have to define smartstyle and use Character format for the same and mention barcode in Character format.

You can use this in Smartform and not SAPScript.

Regards,

Mohaiyuddin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

you can refer to following link for the same.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/66/1b45c136639542a83663072a74a21c/frameset.htm

For designing you may refer to link mentioned in my previous reply.

Note : For more detailed design of barcode (defining height / width etc), there is child page I have posted in link mentioned in my previous reply.

Regards,

Mohaiyuddin