Performance issues on LiveCache
We are experiencing some performance issues in our LiveCache. So i have checked the logs. Since one week, i keep on having the following warning :
Low Number of cached history pages (160313) exceeds number of cached OMS pages (106651)
And when i check the caches in LC10, i have the following info :
OMS Data 853 200 106 650 2,84%
History/Undo 1 282 504 160 313 4,28%
So it means i have more history versions than active versions in the OMS cache. How do i fix this issue ?
We don't have any space problems as we have:
cache accesses for OMS Data : 99,99%
Entire Data Cache 2 147 176 268 397 7,16%
Could you please advice on what I should check ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
1) Concerning warnings in //om13 -> checks, please check if you have errors listed in LCA logging folder < or //om11 >. Please check that the recommended LCA jobs scheduled to run in the liveCache relevant clients.
Please also have a look at Information on how to avoid the red lights, it can be found via the blue info buttons.
2) "Low Number of cached history pages (160313) exceeds number of cached
OMS pages (106651)"
As you know, this message can occur for liveCache instances only.
In the data cache, the number of history pages is higher than the number of OMS data pages.
Please check, if you had the old OMS versions and transactions that prevent the history pages from being deleted in the data cache.
Also please check whether the reports /SAPAPO/OM_REORG_DAILY and /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_OLD_SIMSESS are being executed at regular intervals; see SAP notes 800927, 954261 & 679118.
3) You could check/monitor if you have too old OMS versions & long running transactions in LC10.
4) Do you have Performance problems in liveCache?
What is the vesion of your system? What is the version of the liveCache? LCA build? SCM SP? LCAPPS SP?
What applications are you running on your system? Do you have the APO and liveCache installed on the same server?
Do you run the liveCache applications in parallel? How much data do you have in liveCache?
For SAP liveCache documentation please see the SAP note 767598.
5) As you know, that as SAP customer you have the option to create the SAP ticket to the component 'BC-DB-LVC' or 'BC-DB-LCA' , and we could login to your system via OSS and check the reported issues on the system.
Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina