Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7 Status & Tracking authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are running BI7 and are trying to build authorisations for Status & tracking. We have custom restriction fields, ZCOSTR (for cost center) and ZORDER (for internal order). When building my cost center restrictions in RSECADMIN, it doesn't work (comes back with a missing authorisations error) unless I put a * value in my ZORDER. The problem is that I shouldn't have a * value in my order field as this will allow my user to see all internal orders, which defeats the purpose when entering internal order restrictions.

The theory, for an example, is that the user can see Cost Centre A & B but can only see internal order C. I will have different roles for cost centres and internal order access but the problem now seems to be that the cost centre role requires * value in Internal order field. Can anyone assist in identifying what could be the reason for this?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a guess, try a : in the field value from the authorization.

have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a guess, try a : in the field value from the authorization.

have fun

Bye Jan van Roest