cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to install SAP R/3 4.6C. There is no error at the time of installation of Oracle 9i and the respective patch, even the CI is installed successfully, however at the time of the installation of the database instance, I get this really irritating error. I have tried installing SAP 4.6 C in more than 30 different ways, but every time I get this error. Let me brief you about this error here.

I am not creating a database at the time of Oracle installation. I get an error at the stage

"Oracle PreLoad actions" in the SAP database instance installation part. The log file says that

"sqlplus.exe returns 3", (Now that's kind of a Japanese to me). the Log file also says that an Executable SQL statement or script failed. (To hell with this system.).

Well I have tried installing the system after renaming the folder "C:\SAPinst Oracle Kernel" by removing the spaces as suggested by one of my colleagues, I have the name of my computer as "nair"(Which is pretty simple to be read by the dumb system). I even tried installing Oracle 8i, fortunately this error doesn't pop up but unfortunately the installation doesn't completely, Just after the stage

"Oracle PreLoad Actions", there comes its brother, a stage "R/3 Load (Database PostLoad actions)" which goes on and on, and even after 5 hrs of continuation of this stage, there is no result. so I have to end the installation. Know can anybody tell me what the hell the problem in here.

Thanks in advance

Sreekul Nair.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is 4.6C released with oracle 9i ?

Pls note that 4.6C is out of maintenance. Would it not make more sense

to install a later R/3 version ?

If you for any reason still need the 4.6C , then pls attach the sapinst.log (or r3setup.log

I guess it was called on 4.6C).

Kr

andreas