Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double qouta!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my requirement is i have to append a double qouta in each character fields

like if i/p is ABCD output should be "ABCD". is there any standard way in XI we can do that.. or by only UDF or concate we have to do that?

thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add, if you have a database system at receiver, then you may use the attribute "hasQuote" of the field name where you want quotes to be added. Otherwise use UDF.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx sharbasis and prateek...

i will go for UDF...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the following logic in your message mapping:

Use a conact function available in mapping have its first input as Constant(") and second input should be your source node....this will give you output as "ABCD....now Conact this with another Constant(")...this will give you output as "ABCD"....no need of UDF....also will work for any input value....

Regards,

Abhishek.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Use the FormatNumber function with the fieldlength with value like "000" if field length is 3

"0000" if field length is 4.

and so on.

note that this will work for only numeric value fields not for alphabates, for that write UDF as said above.

Thanks!

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all,

> my requirement is i have to append a double qouta in each character fields

> like if i/p is ABCD output should be "ABCD". is there any standard way in XI we can do that.. or by only UDF or concate we have to do that?

>

> thanx

you have to go for a UDF or concatenate function (concat standard text function)