cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I faced an error when calling the standard bapi BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 to create sales order:

-

An unhandled exception of type 'SAP.Connector.RfcMarshalException' occurred in sap.connector.rfc.dll

Additional information: Value of type RFCTYPE_NUM contains non-digital character.

-

what's wrong are there?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

holger_stumm2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it looks like one of the fields is filled with improper data.

usually it is while the types are converted from outside SAP to BAPI-field values. Leading and trailing blanks, fields filled with 0's etc.

Can you post the fields you are filling and with what values? Are all mandatory fields filled?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem. I too am calling a standard BAPI. Sometimes I get the error RFCTYPE_NUM contains invalid data....but sometimes when I re-process the same transaction with the exact same data several seconds later...it works fine. In a batch process, if I try to call PO_CHANGE to update PO prices...it will work on 20 and fail on 5 transactions....if I run the same 25 through again, it may work on 23 and fail on 2 different ones, or maybe all 25 will work.

Is there any known problem with the .Net connector that may cause this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jeff,

the issue you are facing is specific to the PO's them selves,

analyse the PO nos for which the updates failed, you will notice underlying dependancies or particular rules were violated by the input itself, in that case the update will fail for soem rows and pass for some

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Macy.

I am getting the same problem... Have you found any answer to this problem?.. If true, tell me ... what is the solution

Thanks a lot,

Hernán Restrepo C.