Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation of new plant and the impact of business

mvr_police
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all

i am creating a new plant, and would like to know the impact of the plant, what are the changes to be made in the customization, i want to know what are the chages required, and let me know after unit testing and integration testing what activity to be performed, as i am at go live stage and in the production client how to extended the master data, what is data migration how it can be done,

thanking you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

As an SD consultant, these are the things you need to take care.

Assign the plant to the company code in OX18.

You need to assign the new plant to the sales org / distribution channel in OVX6.

Then assign the shipping point to plant in OVXC. If WH is active for your plant, then assign warehouse WH to plant & storage location in LE assignment.

Reg the master data, you need to assign the material master to the new plant. Also maintain the MRP profiles, plant specific data in the MM01.

Maintain the shipping point determination in OVL2 & storage loc determination in OVL3 (OVL3 if required)

Check with MM, PP & FI if they need to maintain any plant specific configs. There are some configs from their end for sure. For eg for production orders, purchase orders, movement types etc.

Reg the testing, you need to ensure that plant gets proposed automatically when a new sales order is created. Also maintain the relevent plant specific condition records.

Similarly when PGI is done, it should update the transfer postings in MM & FI w.r.t plant.

Even tough your project is in final stages, you have to do a regrious testing when a new plant is created. Testing cannot be compromised for time lines. It will lead to serious production issues if tsting is not properly done.

Regards,

Sivanand

mvr_police
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vishnu

First of all thanku for ur reply,

i have done all the assignments which are to be done at (Client) development level and it is carried to quality and production,

my question is regarding the impact of the existing business with new plant. how to identify the particular material which belongs to the ROH AND PACK AND SEMI FG AND FG, in our process here they have given different number ranges for each material type,

can u explain me in brief for maintaing condition records at plant level, to my knowledge if u pick the field(plant) level then we have to maintain plant level condition records,

where as i am adding this plant to the existing one so the pricing procedure is already assigned to the relevant sales areas, and the same will carry over here, i am bit confused at this stage,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Yes condition record are based on the plant if plant is selected as a key combination from the field catalog. Not all condition records are plant dependent. But some O/p types are based on plant. For eg Export oriented plant will have some export documents that are to be generated while the local oriented plants donot need such documents.

What doubt you have in pricing? Only MWST condition type is based on plant that too if it is not a manual condition type.

You will not have different material numbers for different plants. You will just extend the existing materials to the new plant in MM02. MM people would do it. You willl just have to maintain sales org / plant specific details to the new plant.

Regards,

Sivanand