cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI-BI Integration, Delta Queues not accepting Special characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have some strange problems while uploading Text data into infoobjects in BW. I am using XI-BI integration and trying to push German Texts to the automatically created RFC using RFC adapter. German texts have some special characters which are not not send as it is to delta queues in BW.

Please give your suggestions why this is happening.

I tried to execute the RFC's in BW system for that Texts Infoobject and that was able to send german texts as it is but when I am doing same thing using XI it is not able to send the german texts to delta queues.

Thanks in Advance,

P.Shridhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

try to use a different Encoding as ISO-8859-1, and if you are sending XML by using MQ, send the same as a bytes messages while the Message is put on Queue.

It will solve your problem, as I had the same problem for Danish characters.

Best Regards

Paresh Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Thanks for your reply.

But I have some problem. Currently I am using Enterprise Portal to triggermy XI Business process.

Where do I specify <b>Encoding as ISO-8859-1</b>.

I am using RFC adapter to connect to BW system.

Please reply back ASAP.

I am eager to get the solution and give you some points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

I guess in your case where you recieve Messages from EP and trigger a BPM, I don't think there is a possibility to change the encoding there.

The only possibility can be writing a module of your own.

I solved it my case by changing the encoding and sending the messages as Bytes code instead of Text, but that was through MQ.

BR / Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paresh,

Even though EP is triggering XI I get the records from Webservices using SOAP Adapter and I have mapped the result to my RFC which sends texts data to BW delta queue.

When I looked at my interfaces in SXMB_MONI I was able to see all the texts data is correctly mapped to RFC but when it is stored in delta queues it is stored as junk data.

So, I think problem is somewhere in Delta queue settings.

Just unable to find the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

Do you mean to say that in the Monitor in XI you have the right characters after mapping as well?

Check for Incoming messages in SXMB_MONI in BW system, whether they have the right Alphabets or there is Junk data.

I don't think that apart from Customizing settings in SPRO in BW for maintaining Characters you can do much in Delta Queue settings.

Let me know if you solve your problem, will be learning for me as well.

BR / Paresh