cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible run NWDS on Linux???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Netweaver Developer Studio was build on Eclipse... and Eclipse is cross plataform (programming with java). Is possible run NWDS on linux? I try to install it with Wine but I have a lot of error...

New SAP GUI 710 for Linux works great, but I still need Windows for develop WebDynpros for Java

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

due to ActiveX Controls in the NWDS, you have to use Crossover Office or a similar technology to use NWDS on Linux. I'm not aware of any possibility, to disable these controls

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to use this guide http://www.acceleramus.de/de/SAP%20Web%20Application%20Server/INSTALL but with NWDS SP13 (I haven't NW4).

Using CrossOver Office continous throws errors (different than wine)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

IIRC, this (ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/linuxlab/test_drive/NW4/i386/) version of the testdrive includes a working NWDS / Crossover Office GUI package. I remember, that there was a NW4 version that shipped the NWDS, but not sure if it is the mentioned one. You may give it a try ...

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded CrossOver Office for SAP from that url, I could install NWDS 7.0 SP13 and NWDS 2.0 but doesn't run.

This message appears "Problems during startup. Check the .log file in the .metadata directory of your workspace." in both executions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any news about this thread? I have the same problem and I'd like to solve it.

The FTP link provided is not working anymore.

Thanks,

Stefano