cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Reorganization Case Study

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I want to reorganize our data from dictionary to locally managed tablespaces and use the new SAP naming convention for Tablespaces. I'm going through the SAP Reorganization Case Study [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/11/06a53fa6503c17e10000000a114084/content.htm] using the naming conventions at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9f/4a56b2185851468b39b719daa2d3aa/content.htm.

My understanding is I will create the new locally managed tablespaces as below (add the entries to TSORA) and in TAORA (and the equivalant for IAORA) I will change values for the classes below. And reorg to the tablespaces below.

My question is have I got the entries below correct (have I created the correct tablespaces, is the naming convention as you'd expect and will I be reorging them into the correct places).

OLD TB NAME NEW

APPL0 PSAPSTABD PSAPQAS

APPL1 PSAPBTABD PSAPQAS

APPL2 PSAPPOOLD PSAPQAS

CLUST PSAPCLUD PSAPQAS

DDIM PSAPCLUD PSAPQAS

DFACT PSAPCLUD PSAPQAS

DODS PSAPCLUD PSAPQAS

POOL PSAPPOOLD PSAPQAS

SDIC PSAPDDICD PSAPQAS

SDOCU PSAPDOCUD PSAPQAS

SLDEF PSAPEL700D PSAPQASES700

SLEXC PSAPEL700D PSAPQASES700

SLOAD PSAPLOADD PSAPQAS

SPROT PSAPPROTD PSAPQAS

SSDEF PSAPES700D PSAPQASES700

SSEXC PSAPES700D PSAPQASES700

SSRC PSAPSOURCED PSAPQAS

TEMP PSAPPROTD PSAPQAS

USER PSAPUSER1D PSAPQASUSR

USER1 PSAPUSER1D PSAPQASUSR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you can created correctly expect the 2 tablespace entry you need to change. i have made the change is bold letter below.

APPL0 PSAPSTABD PSAPQAS

APPL1 PSAPBTABD PSAPQAS

APPL2 PSAPPOOLD PSAPQAS

CLUST PSAPCLUD PSAPQAS

DDIM PSAPCLUD PSAPQAS

DFACT PSAPCLUD PSAPQAS

DODS PSAPCLUD PSAPQAS

POOL PSAPPOOLD PSAPQAS

SDIC PSAPDDICD PSAPQAS

SDOCU PSAPDOCUD PSAPQAS

SLDEF PSAPEL700D PSAPQAS700

SLEXC PSAPEL700D PSAPQAS700

SLOAD PSAPLOADD PSAPQAS

SPROT PSAPPROTD PSAPQAS

SSDEF PSAPES700D PSAPQAS700

SSEXC PSAPES700D PSAPQAS700

SSRC PSAPSOURCED PSAPQAS

TEMP PSAPPROTD PSAPQAS

USER PSAPUSER1D PSAPQASUSR

USER1 PSAPUSER1D PSAPQASUSR

Good Luck,

Atil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atil,

The tablespace name you gave PSAP<SID><REL> in our case PSAPQAS700 - matches what I have in a book - SAP Database Administration with Oracle

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using Oracle 10g, you can rename a tablespace easily, so, no need on playing with TSORA, IAORA and TAORA.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

It is true that you can rename a tablespace at oracle level if you are on 10g.

But doing so will create "inconsistencies" at SAP data dictionary (mentioned TAORA/IAORA)

This is only a problem when creting tables/indexes and you will get warnings on the "brconnect -check" run

Recommended by SAP, to avoid possible issues, is to create the tablespaces and reorganize the tables using only SAP tools (br*)

Thank good, you can rename the tablespace using brtools (if using 10g). Check

[Altering a Tablespace with BR*Tools|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/DE/87/5e863f06593a17e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know Fidel, but he already did the rename or new tablespace creation.

tablespace PSAPQASES700 is not a SAP standard.

it should be either PSAPQAS700 or PSAPES700D and not PSAPQASES700.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The below link mentions "PSAP<SID>ES<rel>[X] or PSAP<SID>EL<rel>[X] " when in a recent SAP/Oracle book mentions PSAP<SID><REL> which was where my confusion came in as to which was correct.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9f/4a56b2185851468b39b719daa2d3aa/content.htm

The book I have says PSAPEL<REL>D is tablespace for release-dependant compiled abap code

and PSAPES<REL>D is for release-dependant abab source code

But the link describes them Exchange tablespaces.

Sorry if this has wasted time..... I will just go with PSAPQAS700 as you've all said.

Regards.

Edited by: Jason Bryan on Dec 2, 2008 8:48 PM