cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table control problem over frames

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a table control 'CTR_INVITM' which is located in frame A and user can edit the cells.

But the SAVE-Button is in frame B.

Submitting frame B before frame A creates problems. So we thought that we bring the table control first to frame A and then submit frame A width the hidden table control. The dynpro will accept this.

The problem is the jsp code.

I need the right jsp code to assign the table control from frame B to a hidden html field in frame A.

Can anybody help me?

I tried the following jsp- and html-codes:

jsp-code:

document.forms.KreForm["Control=CTR_INVITM1"].value = parent.SUB_TABDETAIL.document.forms.KreForm["Control=CTR_INVITM"].value;

or

document.forms.KreForm["CTR_INVITM2"].value = parent.SUB_TABDETAIL.document.forms.KreForm["CTR_INVITM"].value;

html-code:

<input type="hidden" name="Control=CTR_INVITM2" value="Control=CTR_INVITM2".value`">

or

html:

<input type="hidden" name="CTR_INVITM2" value="CTR_INVITM2".value`">

--> JSP-Error: 'value' is null or no object.

Of course this is true, but how is the right way to do this?

Thank you in advance

Susanne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

I would like to clarify if you use Java Server Pages (JSP) or Javascript. The script code you provide looks like Javascript for me.

If I understand you right you want to copy the value of hidden fields from Frame A to Frame B? I don't understand properly what you want to do. Please explain your concept more detailed.

At least I can see that there are syntax errors in the line:

<input type="hidden" name="Control=CTR_INVITM2" value="Control=CTR_INVITM2".value`">

There is a single backtick after value that makes no sense if it is single. There also is a quote after CTR_INVITM2 that makes no sense in that place.

Best regards,

Henning

Answers (0)