Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer to std order for return but can not deliver std order again

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I tried to create a return order (RE) by refer to a std order (OR). I would like to update the std order status become open for deliver compensate but I couldn't. I check in IMG for copying control from OR ---> RE and I found I had checked the Update document flow for item.

Could you help me to verify why I couldn't deliver again for this std order?

And what do I need to do for config to do it?

Thank for advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all men,

My concern is can i change status from complete to open or not and as Raj comment, maybe it's impossible.

With other given solution, I think its quite good under consultant point but with customer I would like to find the best solution which they can handle it as few step as possible.

Anyhow, thank for ur nice help, buddies!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nguyen,

In my point view you wont be able to change the status of sales order from complete to open.

There can be only one suggestion in my point of view just make the return delivery and do PGR.

Then create your credit memo with reference to the return delivery order by removing billing block.

Then create new sales order by copying your original sales order.

Now do the delivery of this order and create the billing document.

If this process helps you then you can do this.

Regards

Raj.

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks man,

But I could not get your point!

For more clear, I would like to explain the scenario again.

After I delivered goods to customer but they found there are some defect in goods so client sent back for complain and get compensate for faulty items.

I refer to the order which was created to deliver to receive the defect item.

After finish receive, I would like to deliver compensate for customer again by the order which was created in first step.

But the trouble is I could not do it, I have to create other order to deliver compensate that's mean I have to create the credit memo for 1st order and create billing and do invoice again for same amount for compensate item.

That's wasting time so I would like to do simple by deliver the 1st order again, this way needed to update status of 1st order to open and needed quantity delivery is same as defect quantity which was received.

If you are not clear, pls inform me and thank so much for you help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create the Return order either with reference to the Sales order or Billing document.

You can also create without any reference also.

As you have created the Return order with reference to the Sales order in your case.

That means your customer has returned the goods physically.

Now, you have to compensate your customer either by replacing the faulty goods or by issuing a Credit memo.

If, you want to replace the faulty goods , then create an order "Subsequent Deliver Free-of-charge (SDF)" with reference to the "Return order (RE)" for the required quantities and follwed by a Delivery.

If , you want to issue a Credit memo, then Create a "Credit for Return (RE)" with reference to the "Return order (RE)".

Former Member
0 Kudos

as i know, u can update return order status,but can't update std order statue