cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

While configuring MI, executing my syncbo in the transaction <b>merep_ex_replic</b> I get the following dump <b>GETWA_NOT_ASSIGNED</b>

1)what could be the possible cause for this error?

2)Will this error have any effect on our synchronization process?

regs

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I presume you are trying out the MDK example. Instead of 'SY-LANG' assign value 'SY-LANGU' for the 'LANG' variable while setting the default values.

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, kindly assign me some points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rahul

this error popped up during my MI installation in the

<b>Replication of data from backend</b> step.

regs

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I am a bit confused. Are you doing MI Server Installation or client installation? For which application are you trying to replicate the database.

In order to install MI client on a device, you just need to run the .exe file. Replication is done to provide data to a application already present on the device.

I am not aware of which client you are installing, but I suugest SP14. Follow these steps for deploying instead of the link given by him; and it will be easy:

1. First, download and install MI Client 2.5 SP13 Patch00 on your laptop.

2. Create a new user on the client, configure 'settings' and then sync with the server to get an deviceID.

3. Download SP14 patch03 from service.sap.com/swdc and Upload it to the webconsole via http://<your_host>:50000/me/WebConsole/login (It has to be an ADD_ON)

4. For for the ADD_ON perform:

a.Assign the ADD_ON to your device (deviceID) via the webconsole.

b. Sync with the client. On Synchronization the component will get assigned to the client device. On pressing 'Continue' button you will get the message stating that an application has being assigned to you with an option to start the installation process. You might have to restart the client to get this message.

c. Restart the client.

d. You should get a message that there is an application that needs to be installed if you have not got it earlier, press the START button.

f. Check in the INFO link on your device if it has really installed ...

You have to follow this sequence as you cannot install SP14 directly (as it not being a complete package).

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, kindly assign me some points

Answers (0)