cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L account

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I wonder is the G/L account assigned by the system automatically or maintain manually?I was asking to enter the G/L account in purchase order. If manually, how to configure?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joanne,

It all depends, how are we creating Purchase order?

If, one selects "Acct. assignment Cat." as K - Cost Center" in Tab: Item Overview, G/L gets determined, based upon "Material group"; whereas

If one wants to book expenses on to some project (i.e. F - Order); System will ask for Internal Order No. (as created and attached in to Sales Order).

Best Regards,

Amit.

Note: Reco. Acct. in Vendor Master has different meaning than your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Amit,

OK I got what you mean. Thanks for giving me the clues.

Thanks all.

Edited by: joanne anniston on Nov 30, 2008 7:08 PM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi joanne anniston

If system is asking G/L account means check in XK02 ( vendor master record ) wheather you have maintained the G/L account or not.

If you maintain G/L account in the vendor master record then it will get copied into the purchase order as you assign vendor in the purchase order .If you want to assign G/L account manually go to ME21n->item data->accounting assignment tab, you can enter the G/L account manually

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have checked XK02 but seemed its not auto copied to purchase order so I entered the G/L account manually.

Came out by saying 'No direct posting can be made to G/L account in company code' and warning message with 'It contains commitment item with financial transaction other than 30'.

However, when I entered the sale order number manually after the G/L account, it asked me to enter Item Number.

How could these happened and how to solve?

Thanks.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anniston

I accept with the words what our friend Amit has said. As you have not given what exactly you are doing wheather you are creating purchase order on the 3rd party cycle or any other cycle .Assuming that you are doing 3rd party cycle i have given the input but On what purpose you created purchase order and why you got this error , i even forgot to ask G/L account . ,

As system is still giving error check wheather the G/L account has been assigned or not for the combination of the account assignment and item category and for that ask MM consultant .So that he will check the entire problem and then it can be solved with the help of FI consultant

Note : Be clear while telling the error on what sales cycle you got error

Regards

Srinath