cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Of the Transaction Code SM58.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have been trying to understand the application of the transaction code sm58. Mine is a both idoc - xi - file and file - xi - idoc scenerio.

From the several discussions in SDN, what I managed to grasp was , it will giv error messeges if the RFC commection established in SM59 is disrupted/ password changed. To be more precise, the connectivy issuse in sm59 gets properly reflected in sm58.

Experts,

I believe , this transaction has a more vast application. And may be what I have discussed above is wrong/ incomplete. Moreover, there is something related to LUW, in SM58. My concept regarding this is zero. Pls Explain me, may be my SCENERIO can give gud examples !

Regards,

Arnab .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Now I know the problem,, any disruption in RFC connection , gets first noted in sm58. Say scenerio is data transfer between R/3 to XI. So data may hav successfully passed out of R/3 but can fail in XI side...so we must check both R/3 and XI in SM58, to see anty RFC issue,, before we go and check IDX5 in XI. This is exactly what i needed to find.

Regards,

Arnab .

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi arnab,

SM58 comes into picture whenever there is any transaction takes place in XI system. the processing of any msg in XI in integratin engine involves its execution first and then it goes to inbound/outbound queues and is processed in the queue with FM's.

This process executes within

fractions of second that we can not see them in any of these transactions. SM58 contains LUWS which has three steps, transaction recorded,executing,executed.

hope it helps.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudir,

sorry for the delayed reply.

>

> Hi arnab,

>

> SM58 comes into picture whenever there is any transaction takes place in XI system. the processing of any msg in XI in integratin engine involves its execution first and then it goes to inbound/outbound queues and is processed in the queue with FM's.

> This process executes within

> fractions of second that we can not see them in any of these transactions. SM58 contains LUWS which has three steps, transaction recorded,executing,executed.

>

> hope it helps.

>

> thanks

But i didnt get ur reply!

What do u mean by SM58 comes into picture whenever there is any transaction takes place in XI system, you mean to say, we dont need to check sm58 in R/3 with perspective to my idoc to xi to file and file to xi to idoc scenerio?

What exactly happens in this lUW, and how is it important in monitering?

What kind of error do SM59 reflect??

Pls explain EXPERTS!

Regards,

Arnab !

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i explained SM58 steps in context of XI system however it takes place in r3 system as well, like in XI, there are some standard function modules which executes during the LUWS,same process occurs at r3 side.generaly it gives error related to failure in connection to target system,connection to database of particular system,connection to local workflows and for all failed transactions to database like lock table overflow and commit executes.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

SM58 -is used for monitoring scenarios using EO or those using tRFC model for communications.