cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to execute an automatic job on Central Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I start the System patching on ERP6 in our production environment, it always starts on the application server even if I am logged into the central instance. I want to restrict the automatically released job "OCS_QUEUE_IMPORT" to always start on out central instance!

Coudl you please let me know your expert thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks,

Antarpreet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are scheduling the patch upgrade in background other than starting it immediatly, i think its possible.

After scheduling the patch upgrade,

Call Job Administration by choosing the Environment menu in the import tool, or by calling transaction SM37

Select job OCS_QUEUE_IMPORT.

You can now do the following:

Check the status of the job

Select Job >> Change >> Mention Exec Target the desired application server you wish to run the job >> save

Try this out. May be this will help you. I'm not aware of any other way. May be someone else can give a better answer.

Cheers,

Jazz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to t-code SM37,

execute the sheduled/finished job.

check in the job which you want to restrict,

On the menu,select the option JOB,

and click on Realeased---->sheduled option.

now the job is always sheduled but not released.

So you can execute it on the central system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This OCS_* background job is implicitly called by some other event! It is automatically called from within and the status cannot be changed for this job because it is not in state "Released or Scheduled".

There must be some configuration which needs to be in place maybe in some table level. Any thoughts would be helpful!

Thank You,

Antarpreet