cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Database on separate Host using Local Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to Install CE 7.1 SR5 Windows/MaxDB on two servers, a DB Server and an application server (with SCS and PAS). For this szenario SAP says that this is a "Distributed System" and we need a Domain Installation, but we do not have a Windows Domain, we only have two Windows Servers in a Workgroup!

When we perform on the Application and DB Host "Local Installations" and use the same Usernamens wirth the same passwords, it seems to work anyway!

Now my question is: What or when are the thwo servers accessed with the same user? Is there any restiction that says that our "Local Installations" on two hosts does not work?

Many Thanks

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Now my question is: What or when are the thwo servers accessed with the same user? Is there any restiction that says that our "Local Installations" on two hosts does not work?

These users are checked during installation time. Distributed system on local installation will work. As per my knowledge, sap does support that and i have done it before.

Cheers,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jazz

Thanks for your answer! I've got the same feedback from others .. we will now do the distributed installation wihout a windows domain!

Christoph

Answers (0)