cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

I have a scenario, where i have material X which i am selling to customer . after few months I have done

some modifications to material X .

Now we have Material X - which is prior modification and still we sell to customer

Material X - after modification ,we also sell this material to customer without changing material number.(we donot want to infact )

How do we differentiate single material X with two different attributes .?

thanks

umesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't know the solution, but according to your description, i recommend you to have a check of sap industry solution for Apparel and Footwear. One of the spcecail functions is to deal with the different attributes with the same material number. perhaps you can find some useful information.

hope that can help.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to sell the same material with slight modifications.........maintain it with different sales area , eg same material with different different distribution channel/dividion. Pls check

Hope this helps..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys,

is serial number profile of my use by the way?

thanks

umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

closing the thread

umesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh

Logically and strictly speaking, you are not suppose to follow this practice. Any material that undergoes a minor change in the process, you should differentiate with a new material code. In fact, if you ask your PP guys, they will go by what I say.

Still if you want the requirement to go with the same material code, what I would suggest is that in Basic Data2 view, you can see a field "Old Material Number". Maintain some data here and save. Later on whenever you want to see from what date, the same material code with change in process is sold, go to TCode MM04 and check. Here you can check the change records for that particular material datewise. Hope this is what your requirement is all about.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

ps:- if possible, please close your earlier threads wherever it is answered !!!!!!!!

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To my knowledge your requirement is not possible in SAP and infact in realtime scenario also. When the material is undergoing some changes and it is not similar to the material X, then it should have a different identity. Will the two materials be maintained separately in the plant? It will give more clarity if you specify in detail, the changes you are making to that material.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi umesh

So for the material X and the customer the CMIR is say Z1 but since there are some changes made in the Material X it becomes Material X1 and the CMIR for the material X1 and customer will be Z11.You cant maintain the same CMIR . for material X and customer as the material X1 has been added with some other attributes .But if the changes have been made for the material X only then you can maintain the same CMIR .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear srinath ,

Thanks for your precious time.

I donot want to have X and X1 materials for the same material X after few modification .Even after modification I wud like to sell as X only with same or different price .Is there any way where in material master X itself can we differentiate ?

Ex: Maruthi 800 car having X as material number .But in "'X "" material number Ii have different attributes like colors , AC ,with sterio, etc. to differentiate .I cannot create n number of materials just for few changes .

pls suggest

thanks,

umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

This thing we can check in change history of material master.