cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to login to a new SAP client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My existing client is 800 and I created a new sap client 002, however i dont know how to create user ids to logon to this client. If i use SU01 to create user ids it will create the user ids only for the current client 800 and not for the new client which is 002. How can i create login user ids for a fresh client when its newly created.

From the client 800, I tried to copy the existing client 800 which contains user ids into this new client, however the client copy function prefixes the target client to 800 and i can only choose the source client from the list of clients. Hence i am not able to change the target client to 002 because this field is disabled in the client copy function.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Log on to your new client with user SAP* and password PASS. In the new client start SCCL for client copy.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sir,

when i tried to login using sap* and pwd PASS the system says invalid password. i checked the table user master table usr02 table using se16 and i cant find any users created for the new client 002. How to proceed further?

0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Check this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

You need to set login/no_automatic_user_sapstar profile parameter to 0

Regards,

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is good but where can i find this login/no_automatic_user_sapstar profile? which t.code i can use to go to this profile? any idea on that?

0 Kudos

Use tcode RZ10 for editing.

I think this post should go to Application Server - General forum:

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sir,

i went to rz10 t.code but the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is not allowed for modification. i used sap* to login but still this parameter value is not modifiable for me.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to edit instance profile file directly on operating system.

This message should go to Application Server forum. Please create a separate message there.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Answers (0)