cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default logical system names for application and metadata in models.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have a dbt in web dynpro java. When we create a model, we give the logical system names. When our developement is over, do we have to change these names because in test system and subsequently production system, the backends will be oviously different than developement ?

how do we change them and re import after changing? in abap we cant change our code in test and prod systems right so how is it in web dynpro java ?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti,

Well normally you would use the same system name in DEV, TST and PRD as you would also have a Portal/J2EE server for all these (R/3 backend) systems. On each J2EE server you would define where the JCO connection will go to. The name of that JCO connection is just a Alias and on each system the same.

Jeschael

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeschael,

thanks for the reponse.

When I create the model, I give the default logical system names and on the next screen I give the

ip address of the backend system, client , login, password etc

Even though the logical system names wud be same in Dev, Test and Prod systems, the ip address, login password is different so how do I give it ?

thanks

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi B,

the ip address of the backend system, client , login, password etc are just for login on to the SAP R/3 backend system to be able to create the Model of the RFCs in the Backend system. They are not used later on (neither are they saved anywhere inside the model). It is just you getting some data from then system.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

B,

you just need to have same JCO connections in all the systems(Dev,Test,Prod) .

if you have same jco connections you dont need to do anything else .

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thank you for the help

Answers (0)