cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Database Manager can not link to Linux Maxdb!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

When I try to link from local XP client using Database Manager 7.6.0.3 to our MAXDB server, they GUI also reminder me "ERROR:could not connect to socket (10065)." Anyone have clues? Thank you! I have STARTED the MAXDB in Linux and system is ok.

Regards

Jialin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jialin,

the error message 10065 means that the host was not available.

Please check whether the MaxDB server is reachable (x_ping -n <db host> -d <DBSID>).

In any case you need to have the XServer running on the MaxDB server to enable remote connections.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your reply and I have set the start the XServer in Linux. You mean the x_ping is from Windows client or from Linux? Thank you!

Regards

Jialin

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Client is Win XP and Server is Linux. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

When I tried in x_ping from my client, it get the same result with previous "could not connect to socket [10065]. Do you know what happened? Thank you! Must I install the SSL for MAXDB?

Regards

Jialin

Edited by: jialin li on Nov 29, 2008 3:15 PM

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When I tried in x_ping from my client, it get the same result with previous "could not connect to socket [10065]. Do you know what happened? Thank you! Must I install the SSL for MAXDB?

No, you don't need to setup SSL to use MaxDB.

Please check, whether there is a firewall/antivirus/"protection program" running on your Windows computer that prevents the use of the MaxDB standard ports:

sql6 7210/tcp

sql30 7200/tcp

sapdbni72 7269/tcp

Also you may want to put these port definitions into the <windows_directory>\system32\drivers\etc\services - file.

regards,

Lars