cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can any body tell me is it necessary to create a vendor against each customer from which we have to take material back.

rgds

Awnindra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Awnindra Dutt

Its not required to create vendor for each customer but it all depends on the company, in general but if the company is supplying stocks through different 3rd parties to different customers then we may have to create.

Say for example there are 10 customers and to all these 10 customers , there are 10 different vendors who are supplying stock to each customer then we have to maintain 1 vendor to 1 customer .But at the same time if 1 vendor is supplying stock to many customers then we may not need to maintain so many vendors .But generally it is good to reduce the number of vendors and it all depends on the company also

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks srinath,

but my question is different.

We are supplying goods to our customer. if customer returns goods then it is required to create a vendor against that customer to take material back or not.

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no need to create the customer as vendor. follow standard process.

Sale ORder(OR)>Delivery(LF)>Invoice(F2)>create return order(RE)>create delivery PGR(LR)>Invoice credit for return.

Sam

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi awindra dutt

If the customer is returning stock then there is no need to create a vendor .Just do the regular Returns cycle

RE(create returns order with ref to billing doc)---->LR(Post goods receipt) -

>CR invoice (Issuing credit memo to customer)

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Guru's

I am new to this forums, i saw this thread. But i was taught in my institute was while taking the returns from the customer we need to create customer as vendor while capturing excise invoice of the customer.

If do not maintain customer as a vendor how can I capture the excise invoice of a customer?

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinath

if customer is returning goods on excisable invoice then to capture excise invoice is it necessary to create customer as vendor

rgds

Awnindra

Answers (0)