cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message while clicking PDF Preview of a ADOBE interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am creating an ADOBE interactive form having Tables, few text fields and E-mail submit button. The scripting language used is FormCalc.

Whenever I am clicking on PDF Preview to see the form layout and to check other functionality, I am getting an error message:

Error message -

Error: syntax error near token '|' on line 1, column 14.

Script failed (language is formcalc; context is xfa[0].form[0].data[0].Mainpage[0].Subform3[0].Table2[0].Row1[0].RATING[0])

script=this.isnull || (this.rawvalue >= -32768 && this.rawvalue <= 32767

I checked my scripts and there is no syntax error in that. My form is also working absolutely fine except getting this error message pop up whenever I try previewing my form.

Can you please tell me, what can be the possible reason.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

If it's a script error then probably it should be some fault with the scripting only. As you have not posted your complete script here I can't comment on that but following are the suggestions to resolve the same:

1. Check your script again with all the spaces deliberately. May be you have missed an alphabet which can cause all the error.

2. Try re writing the script and test it line wise by commenting each line. This will lead you to the exact place of error.

3. Check. Are you able to save the script properly?

If it doesnu2019t helps then probably u can post ur script here in the forum, which experts may validate.

Hope it helps.

Warm Regards,

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried everything, but couldn't figure out the reason for error. I wrote the script again, but the error is still coming.

Here is a part of my script. I have written this script on Email submit button in preSubmit event, to check if the RATING field value is less than or equal to 3. depending upon this condition, I am making the COMMENT field as mandatory. The same script is repeated for all the RATING & COMMENT fields.

if (data.GyanMainBodyPage.Subform2.Table1.Row1.RATING1 <= 3)

then

data.GyanMainBodyPage.Subform2.Table1.Row1.COMMENT1.mandatory = "error"

data.GyanMainBodyPage.Subform2.Table1.Row1.COMMENT1.mandatoryMessage = "Please fill corresponding comment"

else

data.GyanMainBodyPage.Subform2.Table1.Row1.COMMENT1.mandatory = "disabled"

endif