cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk Mitigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to create a role using ERM in which i have added 2 conflicting transaction codes. At the Risk Analysis stage, sod violation is shown. But when i try to assign a Mitigating control (by clicking on the risk id shown in risk violation tab), system given an error message "Risk was not mitigated".

Can someone help me out in resolving this.

Thanks

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

You can use mitigation controls only when they have been defined in the first place.

You can define mitigating controls in mitigation tab of CC and then assign the same to the SOD violations which you want to remove.

Thanks ,

Yajuvendra Sonalkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have risk analysis itself failing for the role created in ERM. Nithin I think you are able to pull the Risk analysis report, I require your help in fixing this for me. It has two results for two conditions:

A. It is working fine when there is no risks in the role and gives message that Risk analysis done successfully and I am able to create the role.

B. It is failing at the risk analysis phase when I am trying to create the role with risks, when I try to get the Risk analysis report it gives the error:

Risk analysis failed; Cannot assign a java.lang.String object of length 73 to host variable 6 which has JDBC type VARCHAR(15)

Thanks,

Abhimanu Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if you have specified "default rule set for risk analysis" in Risk Analysis & Remediation in the configuration tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

You will need to create "Mitigation Controls" for "Associated Risks" so that you could use them to mitigate for those risks.

Go to:

http://<server>:51000/webdynpro/dispatcher/virsa/ccappcomp/ComplianceCalibrator

Select "Mitigation" Tab

Choose "Mitigation Controls" -> "Create"

Provide "Mitigation Control ID" and other details including "Business Unit" and Management Approver"

Provide "Associated Risks"

Provide "Monitors"

Provide details under "Reports" Tab

Save the details.

You can then use the mitigation control to mitigate the risk.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nitin,

First create a Mitigation control for the risk in CC and then you will be able to select it in RE.

Regards,

Hersh.