cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back dated posting not possible for GR in SRM?

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

1) I observed in SRM that we can not post the GR with back date? Hope anybody knows whether we can achieve this using standard functionlity or not?

Please guide me on this.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check on the item level details ( you can find the details using the magnifying glass associated with the item)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I need to clarify whether I undertsand you correctly. The error message you get is " posting not possible in period....?"

This being the case, and presuming you have established that the company code is posting enabled,in R/3, as Viv suggested, then you need to ndertake the following course of action:

When the GR had been updated a while ago, generally posting to that PO in the present context is not allowed.

You need to go the item data details and change the previous posting date to today's posting date, and then confirm your GR.

The reason this happens is that most Finacials close out accessibility after a 2 month period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest to first check the configuration in R/3 using tcode OMSY. The company code should have back posting allowed indicator checked. This back posting indicator will allow you to post for preceding period only.

If that configuration is correct, you first test GR return in R/3, if that works then you should check the authorization of the user that system uses to perform GR return from SRM. If your are unsure about the username, first open the SRM PO in R/3, click purchase order history tab then click a GR, you can find the username in one of its tab. The use should have backposting authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Viv,

Can we have Back Posting allowed for a particular User?

If yes,please tell me how to set that.

I know that it can be set for a Co.Cd.

Thanks

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Viv,

Can we have Back Posting allowed for a particular User?

If yes,please tell me how to set that.

I know that it can be set for a Co.Cd.

Thanks

Arshad

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Viv,

Thanks for your reply. Yesour system will allow back dated posting in MM and we have maintaine dautorisations for SRM user aslo. My question is when we are doing GR in SRM, under Header data, you will find Basic data tab in that Cha

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Viv,

Thanks for your reply. Yesour system will allow back dated posting in MM and we have maintaine dautorisations for SRM user aslo. My question is when we are doing GR in SRM, under Header data, you will find Basic data tab in that Chaanged on filed is disabled , we are not able to change the date.

Can you please explain me clearly. Where ti change this field....

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I think that can be done. I am not sure about SRM 5.0 but in our system which is 4.0 the GR processing was being communicated via a system user. But we have applied one note and we are able to see the actual user name. You can try that note. Then you can assign the user in backposting authorization group.

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viv,

Thanks for your quick resopnse. Can you please give me the Note number and what authorisation should i maintain for this user?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check note 938411 BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE: RFC user as generator of goods receipt

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Viv,

Thanks for your resopnses. I couldn't find any field with name as "posting date" while doing GR confirmation in SRM.

We can see only Delivery/performance date at header level. We have posted the GR with entering back date in this field but still system is considering posting date as today's date not back date.

Is there any note we have to apply for seeing this field or please guide me on this?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

We have a similar type of requirement for back posting the conf in SRM

How did you solve this?

Best regards,

Sridhar

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar,

We were not able to find any solution for this. As of now we are not using GR posting through SRM so we left ..

Still i was wondering whether standard SAP supports backdated posting through SRM or not? I am working on SRM 5.0 and I couldn't find any posting date button in GR screen..

What do you say?

Thnaks

Ravi

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Closing this question as it was raised long back

thanks

Ravi