cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JNDI Bean name for RFC Engine registered RFC call

Former Member
0 Kudos

If for example, I create a Bean that I wish to access via the RFC Engine (ABAP -> Java Bean service), and it has a name "Ejb1Bean" in package "p1", what would the corresponding entry for JNDI configuration look like, so that the RFC Engine can do the lookup of <Name of RFC call> to EJB via the JNDI?

Thanks for any help - and I hope the question makes sense.

Cheers,

Piers Harding

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piers,

for this purpose it's recommended that the JNDI name of the bean is set to root level in ejb-j2ee-engine.xml (RFC_MY_SERVICE for example). After deployment and start of the server application the name should be visible at root level in the JNDI Registry service of the Visual Admin (like LCR_BEAN_GET_DETAILS, which is part of the J2EE core). This name can then be used for the RFC call by the ABAP system (comparable to a globally visible RFM in an ABAP system).

If you are not able to change the JNDI name, you could use the "rfcaccessejb/" Context for lookup. In that case, the name consists of "rfcaccessejb/provider/nameofear/nameofbean" by default, for example "rfcaccessejb/sap.com/CMSServer/CmsConfProxy".

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks very much for the reply. I almost had it, but was miss-interpreting the JNDI settings for the Bean deployment project in Developer Studio (nothing ever seems simple to me, in the J2EE world:-( .

What was most useful was checking the JNDI directory entries via the admin console.