SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Season Year and Listing Validity Dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently added season year 2009 in configuration with valid from date of 1/1/2009 and valid to date of 12/31/99.

The generic and variants are created days or months ahead. When users maintain the season year to 2009 in the article, the listing valid from dates (both store and DC) have changed to 1/1/2009.

I checked the validity dates for season year 2008, which has 1/1/2008. However, all articles with season 2008 have dates other than 1/1/2008. They carry the date when articles were created in SAP.

Users created Purchase Orders on articles with season year 2009 and were running into error message that article not listed. Once I changed the validity date in the article to current date, users can continue to create PO.

Question: Does the season year validity dates have impact to the listing validity dates?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Terry

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, I will have to preface my response with the caveat that I won't have a system available to me until tomorrow or Tuesday (US Eastern Time Zone) to validate my answer - I am doing it from memory. That being said, I am assuming that you are referring to the season, season-year and roll-out (aka Collection) that are found in the basic data of the article master.

Let's assume the following:

- You have two seasons, 1001 and 1002 that represent Spring and Fall, respectively.

- You have 12 rollouts per year, one per calendar month

- Your sales cylce for Spring start on 1st February and for Fall start on 1st July

- Your procurement cycle for Spring starts on 1st November and for Fall starts on 1st April

- Rollout 01 represents the first rollout for Spring, and Rollout 07 represents the first roll-out for Fall

You have to configure your rollouts to reflect different listing and sales dates so that you can procure them for your DC long before you list them to the store. This assumes that you aren't using something like collective POs. This is configured in Logistics General --> Season --> Maintain Annual Season. From here, you should be able to pick out your season, season year and roll-out, and specify different validity dates, listed from/to (store & DC) and for sale from/to (store & DC). This way you can configure yourself to allow an item to be listed (and therefore procured) in the DC before the store. Of course all of this is going to depend on your longest lead time of your seasonal goods. Also, if you aren't using rollouts, then you will need a "null" rollout and configuration in the annual season config to allow the use of a season and season-year without a roll-out. From here, you will have to specify the same as above, but in a broader sense. I just got access to my system and confirmed the config path; the config table is actually a view-cluster (SM34) and is VC_TWSAI. Hope this helps.

-Justin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Justin. Your explanation is very helpful.

Question: In order to allow PO's to be generated prior to 1/1/2009, that means I need to change the validity date to, ex: 12/1/2008. Is that correct?

0 Kudos

Correct - if it isn't listed to your DC on that date, then your DC can't cut a PO on that date. Therefore, if you are trying to cut the PO prior to 1st-Jan-2009, then your listing date should be equal to or earlier than 1st-Jan-2009 (As in your example, 1st-Dec-2008).