cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Characteristics and Class Number in Easy DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am try to create a Document Info Record in SAP Easy Document Management System (6.0) by using ECC 5.0 for particular Document type which was assigned to Class Type (017) and suitable Class Number in configuration but unable to get connected characteristics and Class number and characteristics by using search (find) functionality.

I am getting message "No Class selected" by using search functionality to get class number.

How can I get default Class number and characteristics during creation of Info Record and search functionality to get the Document Info Record by using Classification?

Please give me the solution.

Thanks,

Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not sure about the version of easydms u are using..try with the latest version that is sp12 and check if you get the same error or not..

rgds

anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Easy DMS Version 6.0 and sp18 (SAPKA64018) though am unable to get suitable Class number and characteristics to enter its values while creating Document Info Record from Easy DMS and as well as by using search functionality to find out the Document number with Class number and its characteristics.

Thanks,

Ramalingeswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

the SP you have mentioned is of backend..in eDMS also, there are SP release..the current bein SP12..so you can test with the latest build..now for this issue..first delete RFC cache from the system preferenced dialog..if this does not fixed your problem then u need to do some debugging- on eDMS logon screen - click on the sap image - a new window appear - there check the checkbox start with ABAP debugger and then logon - it will open an ABAP session also..there put break points for FM "BAPI_CLASS_EXISTENCECHECK" to start with ..this will help you in finding the root cause of this issue.

rgds,

anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I uninstalled previous Easy DMS installation and installed Easy DMS Version 6.0 with SP12 (non unicode) but unable to work online after logon to Easy DMS and is showing in offline mode, unable to see any icons except view files.

How can I work online? Is installation problem? How can I correct?

Please give me the solution.

Thanks,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

After reinstallation of Easy DMS Version 6.0 with sp12 and unable to get the default classification and its characteristics which was maintained in the configuration for particular document type to enter values for creating a Document Info Record as well as finding the documents connected Classification and the system is giving message "No Class number selected".

Can you please give me the solution and help will be highly appreciated?

Thanks in advance,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, this should work as it is standard..i think the possible way to find out it to invest some time in debugging..did you try that? because its backend which should return the Class name and characteristics..just do a one round of debugging ..this wiil help u to find the root cause..

rgds

anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check BAPI_CLASS_GET_CHARACTERISTICS & BAPI_CHARACT_GETDETAIL

Regards

Surjit

0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check in which language Class and characteristics are created, sometimes this also matters.

May be you need to release the class or characteristic, Do you have authorizations to use this class?

Try to create DIR with SAP GUI using CV01N tx, just to cross check whether the problem is with only EasyDMS.

Regards,

Anil.

Edited by: Anil Kumar R on Feb 23, 2009 8:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your reply.

My issue was completed. The issue came because of missing authorization.

Regards,

Rao