cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM sync problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my company we're using MAM3.0 and NetWeaver 70 this is connected to a ECC 6.0 backend.

Everything was going fine till today, where because of a password expiration the RFC connection between backend and our middleware, could not succeed. Many RFC's failed and after the authorization problem was fixed, all were run again. Problem now is that many MI clients that synchronized meanwhile, can no longer synchronize properly. Just after reinstalling the application, we were able to fix the sync issue. The procedure of reinstalling is not nice since there are many users involved.

Any idea of what could be done so that each PDA does not require a reinstallation?

Best regards,

Daniel Garrido

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have the option to do a client data reset. This is a procedure to just remove the data, but the rest is still there (apps,settings,....) so it should be an option.

Please go to the settings tab of MI, there you find the button.

But if the RFC was not working I expect it could be another issue. Have you checked for MEREP_MON - especially MAM001 and MAM010 BOs? I guess these are waiting (I-WAITING). Please trigger them again, so they get processed, that should help the clients to be able to sync again.

If a device has still a BO in I-WAITING it does not trigger a new sync - it waits until all BOs are processed before it triggers a new request for latest data. Check that - it should hopefully cure the problem without reinstallation.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for your answer.

We have case where many users have a I-Waiting queue and others have the I-Waiting queue clean, but many O-Waiting. But when they sync the O-Waiting queue is not cleaned.

We've tried to reinitialize the device, unfortunately that was not enough.

We had to do a procedure similar to the one described in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/4c/7862a6642eab40ac7abf34e9048c93/frameset.htm in order to adjust the outbound queue. Unfortunately there are many users involved and this procedure requires losing something like 1 hour with each in order to do the required renitializations.

Any more ideas?

Best regards,

Daniel Garrido

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, if a user has nothing in I-Waiting and I-Partial, he should be able to sync. Well, his O-Waiting queue will refresh and there will be always 1 item in there after a sync circle. This is a usual behaviour if MI.

If you can not sync, I would set the client trace to all and watch its result. Perhaps you see an exception on these devices.

But nevertheless I would process the I-Waiting queues for all users first.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Oliver.

Our problem was solved, we had a misconfiguration in our server that was causing the I-Partial.

Still your solution was helpful to trigger the handler for I-Waiting queues.

Best regards,

Daniel Garrido

Answers (0)