cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer and popup iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to send information from a dataservice to an iview, and end the whole transaction once the person closes the iview.

In details, I have a form iview where the user enters data. This data is sent to a dataservice as parameters.

The data service will output the order number.

What i would like, is to show this order number in a popup iview with a label such as "your order as been processed and the order number is xxxxx". The user can then click on a pushdown button labeled end, ending by the same way the whole process.

I've tried a few things but i can't seem to be abble to do this. Could someone please tell me if it can be done? And if yes, explain in details how it's done.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi try this link for creating popup views in VC.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basheer,

Thank you very much for the link. But,I've checked it, and i already know how to put a pop up iview. My problem is that i'm trying to get the information coming from a data service directly in the popup iview and ending the whole process from the popup iview.

Once again, thanks

Regards,

Khadija

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khadija,

I checked it but it is not possible to set values directly from a data service to a popup iview. My suggestion is create an output form and set its visibility as 'false'. In the input form add a button to show the output form when it clicked (that means change the visibility condition of output form as 'true'). Then add a button in the output form and change its action as 'Close Window'. Try this.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basheer,

Thanks again. I've tried what you said but i keep on getting this message "Error in compiling Flex application (1). Consult log file for details."

I've tried without the data service and it works, but as soon as i put the data service into the equation, i get this message. Do you have any idea on what the problem could be?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,

Khadija

EDIT: Nevermind, it now works. Thank you very much for your help Basheer!

Edited by: Khadija Sako on Dec 1, 2008 6:31 PM

Answers (0)