cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while using oracle stored procedure in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created JDBC system and connected my locally installed Oracle data base to the VC. I mapped the data base user to my VC user. I tested connection and it is fine. Further I see the DB alias in Visual Composer and I can drop stored procedures to my story board. I can define parameters, but when I am executing procedures I get the error message.

Problem: I can not execute stored procedures stored in Oracle data base. Error Message: Portal request failed. Could not execute stored procedure.

In the stored procedure, I have used select query, that returns set of records, so that I have used REF CURSOR as OUT Parameter. Is REF CURSOR supported by VC?. Else, any tricks available to solve this problem?.

Note: Stored Procedure of Sql server is working fine in VC.

Thanks,

Venkatesh R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Returning (or sending in) multiple rows directly from (or to) a stored procedure is not currently possible. I have been in contact with SAP on this subject earlier, and they suggest using a web service to do the job. I used this as a work around, calling the stored procedure from a web service. I send in VC tables to this web service, and this in turn contacts my stored procedure.

The problem is related to the connector framework in the J2EE environment.

I am on 7.0 sps 17

If you use stored procedure single value parameters of type varchar, number ... then VC has no problem communicating with your procedures.

Good luck

Henning Strand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Thanks for your reply. I have created webservice in my portal. In that web service, I have defined methods to access oracle database and return type of method is resultset. Then I Configured web service system in VC and accessed that method in story board. In VC, Object of webserive method does not showing any output. Is it correct way, that I am doing?. How can I acheive this?.

Thanks,

Venkatesh R