cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in selecting material types as a saleable material

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created different material types for finished good , like finished good, trading goods , physician sample , imported physician sample and promo materials.

i want at the time of sales all above types of material should be available for sale.

kindly help me out that how can i restrict system to sale only these material types.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shadab

For whichever material type, you would like to restrict, go to OMS2, select the material type and click on blue lens on top. Now to your right side, you can see views which can be maintained for that material type. Deselect the sales view, so that while creating material master in MM01, the user cannot see the sales view and since sales view is not extended to that material, it cannot be sold.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

first, spro-img-sales and distribution - sales - sales documents -- sales document item -- define item category groups . u create an item category groups for above material type.

then,spro-img-sales and distribution - sales - sales documents -- sales document item -- define default values for material type. assign above material type to the item category groups.

finished,spro-img-sales and distribution - sales - sales documents -- sales document item -- assign item categories. only assign the item category groups to the sales document type.

help u.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shadab

For the material types you want to sell stocks update the value and quantity and value in OMS2 for the plant where as for the material types which you don't wont to sell the stock don't update the quantity and value in OMS2 for the plant.Secondly for the material types which you don't want to sell the stock also don't maintain any stock.

But if you want all above material types for sale then maintain stock to create sales order and in OMS2 also update the quantity and value for the plant

Regards

Srinath

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry..I thought you want to restrict them for sales. Pl give more clarity.

Also specify why you have created the material types when standard material types are available.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Donot maintain the SD views of the customer master.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you answered to my question?