cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender details of e-mails generated from Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Service Desk and it is generating e-mail to the end user requesting assistance and the support technician.

We notice that the e-mails generated have a "sent from" address of the support technician making the changes to the ticket. The details of which are obtained from the business partner record.

Does anybody know of a way so that all emails generated from Service Desk come from a generic address/user - such as %CompanyName%Service Desk at servicedesk.com, rather than different individuals.

Thanks

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The email address used is the one in the SU01 users master data. Change that to some generic addresse.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

I can change the e-mail address on the business partner record so that the sender address is @servicedesk.com, but the mail still have the username of the business partner editing the support ticket e.g.

John Smith (johnsmith at servicedesk.com)

It is the name - John Smith that I want to replace with something generic.

But this will need to be the case for all users that create and amend support tickets and therefore if I was going to change the business partner records for all support techncians my organization chart within Service Desk would have different business partner records all with the same name.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Simon