cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM - Import Server (field mapping issue)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I´m new to MDM and experiencing some problems with import server and mapping, this issue is of maximum urgence (iminent production) and would greatly appreciate if anyone answers quickly.

I configured the Integrator (PI) and in MDM - Port,Remote System, mdis.ini, etc so that MDM can automaticaly import products from SRM. When i made the initial load i have done the value mapping in import server, saved the template and inserted it in the Port the details (Map).

My question is, when values that havent been mapped yet ( so not in that template ), come from SRM. What does MDM do? leave them blank? I guess that is what´s happening. How can i solve this issue? cause Items are getting stuck in the Workflow with validations errors.

I guess that a solution could be defining default action to create that field when not mapped, but in medium term this will create value inconcistence in the tables

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Joao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly update us on your issue

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Simona Pinto and Jitesh Talreja,

Sorry for the late update on this issue and thank you very much for your answers.

I think i didn´t explain myself correctly. I´m aware of that option, but the problem is that MDM automap doesnt recognize most of the fields (unless they are exactly equal...and even when they are equal sometimes it cant match them), for instance hierarchys where we have 3 levels. Unmapped Value handling->Ignore,Add.Fail. sometimes wont solve it.

Can you tell me if this next thing is possible?

Can i make a first load in another catalog ( test catalog with dummie products ) where i use all the fields.....map them all....save a map template...export to my laptop and then import it to the Catalog we are using right now?

Thank you very much and once again sorry for the late reply,

Best Regards,

Joao S. Carvalho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the Import Manager, open Configuration Options , navigate to section Default MDIS handling and set the Unmappped Value handling = Add (default wiould be ignore)

Kindly update us...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

You have a n option in MDM Import Manager->Configuration options for value mapping

Default MDIS Handling->Automap Unmapped values .Set this to Yes.

This will automatically map the new values coming in from the source athat are not already mapped in the existing map.

Unmapped Value handling->Ignore,Add.Fail.

These are the two options you can set in your import map,which will take care of new unmapped values.

Also under Value Automap.

Automatically map Null values->You can set this to Yes,

This will take care of mapping NULL values that come in the source file that are not already mapped before in the import map.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto